[CentOS] blacklist audio device ???

Alice Wonder

alice at domblogger.net
Sun Oct 16 04:02:07 UTC 2016

SuperMicro server board being used as workstation.

Board has no audio itself.

I have USB headphones I sometimes plug in.

Unfortunately every time I plug them in I have use to use audio control
panel and choose them. Why?

lspci |grep Audio
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation High Definition Audio
Controller (rev a1)

lspci -n |grep "^01:00.1"
01:00.1 0403: 10de:0be3 (rev a1)

Seems the cheap nVidia 405 card I have installed has an audio controller
(Interestingly reported as Intel HD Audio by the sound control panel)
which I guess it has because of the HDMI interface.

Is there a way to tell the sound system to pretend that controller isn't
there? I will never need audio over the HDMI.