[CentOS] glxinfo problem

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Oct 19 12:25:09 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:24:52PM +0200, Mahmoud A. A. Ibrahim wrote:
> The weird thing is that when we use another desktop computer running the
> same cygwin version and accessing with the same username, glxinfo works
> fine.
> Indeed, echo $DISPLAY on my desktop computer gives us localhost:10.0 ,
> while it gives localhost:13.0 on the another desktop.
> If I set DISPLAY on my desktop to localhost:13.0, it doesn't work
> One more point, if we run glxinfo on the another desktop using my account
> and logging at the same time from my desktop with the same username and
> setting DISPLAY to 13:0, glxinfo works on my desktop.

You're running an X server on the desktop computer, and then using
cygwin's SSH client to forward X11 when you connect to the remote
host.  This is how $DISPLAY is being defined.  Also, your X11 server
will need to support GLX for the remote X11 applications to be able to
support it.

I suggest looking at your desktop computers and figure out why one of
them doesn't support GLX.  Try to take the SSH connection out of the
loop, since that's most likely unrelated.