[CentOS] NFS help

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:40:01 UTC 2016

On 10/24/2016 07:29 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> As I noted in my original repost, that it needs to be on a UPS

Ah.  I see that now.  Still, may I suggest that whenever we recommend
remedies that eliminate reliability measures, such as mounting with
"nobarrier", we also repeat caveats so that users who find these
conversations in search results later don't miss them?  I think that's
important to note that the system should be on a UPS, *and* that it has
been verified that the system will perform an orderly shut-down before
the UPS loses charge. "nobarrier" shouldn't be used without performing
such a test.