[CentOS] "Shortcut" for creating a software RAID 60?

Sorin Srbu

Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Tue Oct 25 12:41:38 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Testing stuff virtually over here before taking it to the physical servers.

I found a shortcut for creating a software RAID 10 ("--level=10"), device in
CentOS 6.

Looking at the below, I don't see anything about a shortcut for RAID 60.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/htm
l/Storage_Administration_Guide/s1-raid-levels.html

Is RAID 60 an uncommon RAID-configuration, as compared to RAID 10, and this
might be why it's missing?

Not too cumbersome to first create two RAID 6-arrays, then add them to a
RAID 0, but it does take some extra time.
Besides, I haven't found any way to fail a member disk, as is possible to do
when using RAID level 10.

Am I missing something here?

--
BW,
	Sorin
# Sorin Srbu, Sysadmin
# Uppsala University
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry
# Div of Org Pharm Chem
# Box 574
# SE-75123 Uppsala
# Sweden
#
# Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482
# Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
# Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# O<  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# http://tinyurl.com/ascii-ribbon-campaign
#
# This message was not sent from an iProduct!
#
# Please consider the environment before printing this email.
# Join the campaign at http://thinkBeforePrinting.org
#
# MotD follows:
Pogo sticks make people jumpy.