[CentOS] [OT] How to recover data from an IDE drive

TE Dukes

tdukes at palmettoshopper.com
Thu Oct 27 01:01:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

As some may recall, I suffered a hardware failure of a 10 yr old IBM
Netvista back in January. I was backing up my personal data, 'My Documents',
to my CentOS server but I apparently didn't get my emails.

It was a main board failure and I believe the data is still good on the hard
drive. Only problem, its an IDE drive and my server and new PC have SATA
drives.

Is it possible to install the old drive as a secondary drive into a newer PC
with SATA drives? If so, how do I do this? I need to access the emails.

This was a Windows XP machine using Outlook as the mail client.

TIA!!!!!!