[CentOS] CVE-2016-5195 “DirtyCOW”: Critical Linux Kernel Flaw

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Oct 28 14:43:26 UTC 2016

On 10/22/2016 07:49 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I guess, we all have to urgently apply workaround, following, say, this:
>
> https://gryzli.info/2016/10/21/protect-cve-2016-5195-dirtycow-centos-7rhel7cpanelcloudlinux/
>
> At least those of us who still have important multi user machines running
> Linux. (Yes, me too, I do have a couple, thank goodness, the rest are
> already not ;-)
>
> Have a productive weekend, everybody.
>
> Valeri

And to close the book on this CVE, I just pushed the CentOS-5.11 kernel
to fix this issue as well:

kernel-2.6.18-416.el5

So, the only thing we still have to release is a fixed kernel for the
aarch64 AltArch SIG.  And we are building a test kernel for that right now.

ppc64le, ppc64, i686, arm32 for CentOS-7 .. and all released arches for
CentOS-5 and CentOS-6 ... now all have updates released.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes