[CentOS] Stupid vim question

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Sat Oct 29 21:53:48 UTC 2016

I have never run into this directly in vim for my uses, but it appears
to me to be a syntactical coding plugin to condense related code blocks
such as functions like GVim does. I think this is called code folding.
Try the following link.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1744440/collapse-comments-and-all-functions-in-vim-gvim

On 10/29/2016 05:39 PM, Alice Wonder wrote:
> on very large files, vim will condense display - e.g.
>
> +--  8 lines: static inline void php_openssl_rand_add_timeval()
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> #endif
>
> +-- 29 lines: static int php_openssl_load_rand_file(const char * file,
> int *egdsocket, int *seeded)
>
> +-- 22 lines: static int php_openssl_write_rand_file(const char *
> file, int egdsocket, int seeded)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> +-- 45 lines: static EVP_MD *
> php_openssl_get_evp_md_from_algo(zend_long algo) {
>
> +-- 42 lines: static const EVP_CIPHER *
> php_openssl_get_evp_cipher_from_algo(zend_long algo) {
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> How do I get it to stop doing that? It didn't use to do that as far as
> I remember, seems to be new to me in CentOS 7 - either that or I
> previously had something in me .vimrc that prevented it and I just
> forgot.
>
> I have tried searching but I just can't seem to get the proper search
> term to produce relevant results.
>
> using it in a terminal shell, the only way I ever use it.

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
Raleigh, NC, USA
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the
retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as
printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you
believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it
immediately.