[CentOS] Disk near failure

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sun Oct 30 09:56:51 UTC 2016

Hello Valeri,

On Fri, 2016-10-28 at 09:28 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Amazing. He suggested you definitely reliable drive (Samsung). Reliable in
> my boot too. You ask his opinion about yet another Corsair. One by Corsair
> failed on you already.

It did not. He asked whether it did but there is no indication it is
near failure and definitely hasn't failed yet.

>  So, you should have better knowledge about
> Corsair's SSD reliability, right?

Can you provide us with links indicating the unreliability of (any or
all) Corsair SSDs? I've had IBM Deskstars failing on me prematurely.
Does that disqualify IBM as a producer of hard drives? (Ok, they are no
longer in that business, but that's not the point I'm trying to make.)
And not so long ago I had problems with my internet provider buying a
batch of lousy Seagates that kept failing. Does that disqualify all
Seagate disks?

Regards,
Leonard.