[CentOS] mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified

Mon Oct 3 19:27:10 UTC 2016
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2016-10-03, Jon LaBadie <jcu at labadie.us> wrote:
> IIRC, for mount.nfs, the "r" option is read only while the "w"
> option is read+write.  They may be mutually exclusive.

I don't believe this is accurate.  ro and rw are mutually exclusive, but
there is no "w" option.  (Which doesn't help the OP, unfortunately, but
at least he knows.)

For the OP, you should check the system logs on both the client and the
server.  There may be clues as to what the real error is; sometimes
mount.nfs reports a misleading error when the actual problem is
somewhere else.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us