[CentOS] CentOS ISO contents

Tue Oct 11 13:36:59 UTC 2016
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/10/2016 09:27 AM, Leon Fauster wrote:
> Am 10.10.2016 um 13:45 schrieb Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:

>>> :-) I had the creation of a EL6 livemedia in mind ...
>>>

>> They live in a different branch:
>>
>> http://bit.ly/2dFmXJB
>

> Oh, so close that I haven't seen it. Thank you!

Not that you are doing this .. BUT .. please remember that if one uses
packages not created and signed by CentOS team (or an ISO not spun by an
approved SIG) then the compose IS NOT CENTOS .. That you can not add in
your own stuff and compose and distribute and still call the ISO CentOS.

We do want people to use CentOS as a basis for installing their
community software, so we want people to use CentOS AND add their stuff
properly.

Just not on a single install where it looks like the CentOS Project is
providing the ISO.  So, a normal install followed by an install of 'Your
Software' is 'Your Software' 'on CentOS Linux' .. not CentOS Linux.  It
is only CentOS if the first install completes and only things created by
the CentOS team or an authorized SIG is in that install.

You can label you own local spins however you want .. but if you are
distributing it, please follow our guidelines:

https://www.centos.org/legal/trademarks/