[CentOS] photos on iPhone 6

Thu Oct 20 20:21:42 UTC 2016
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

On 10/20/2016 3:56 PM, J Martin Rushton wrote:
> A bit of a perennial I'm afraid.  My wife has filled up her iPhone 6
> with photos, and wants them moved onto my computer.  I'm running CentOS
> 7 patched about 30 minutes ago.  Needless to say the computer can't see
> the data on the iPhone, though it does recognise the phone as an iPhone.
>
> Any suggestions (well any that don't involve a steam roller, sledge
> hammer or GBH to the whole of Apple Inc)?
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux tamar.home 3.10.0-327.36.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Sep 18 13:04:29
> UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Don't know about iPhone, but with an Android phone, I would install an
ftp server app and then ftp the files over to the computer. Alternately,
start an ftp server on the computer and use an ftp client app on the
phone to copy the files to the computer.  Of course, this is assuming
that iOS will let you have direct access to the photo directories.

--
Bowie