[CentOS] CVE-2016-5195 DirtyCOW : Critical Linux Kernel Flaw

Wed Oct 26 16:53:17 UTC 2016
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 06:30:45 -0500
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> On 10/26/2016 05:56 AM, Peter Kjellström wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 17:21:54 -0700
> > Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That is for the EL-7.2 kernel. Peter was offering a patch for
> >> CentOS 6.
> >>
> >> RH released the patched kernel for EL-6.8 today. I have attached
> >> the diff file between 2.6.32-642.6.1.el6 and 2.6.32-642.6.2.el6.
> >> It is more complex because the 6 kernel is older, so required more
> >> mods, I suppose. Maybe that was the reason why the EL-6 update
> >> took longer than EL-7.
> >
> > We also did a quick diff for the official c6 patch and it's almost
> > but not quite what we were using as a quick fix.
> >
> > /Peter
>
> The 6 kernel is released now  ..  Use that :)

You misunderstood me. I was referring to the difference between the
quick fix initially deployed by us and the now released fix. We're
almost completely updated from quick fix to official fix by now.

/Peter