[CentOS] rpmbuild question

Wed Oct 26 17:57:10 UTC 2016
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

On 26 Oct 2016 6:17 pm, "Frank Cox" <theatre at melvilletheatre.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:07:43 -0400
> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to build it in /root/rpmbuild.
>
> Don't do that.  Install rpmdevtools so you build it under your home
directory and avoid blowing up your system if there's an error.

First of all read up on how to properly build an RPM:

https://www.hogarthuk.com/?q=node/11

Since this is python look up the Fedora python guidelines and follow those.

Here's the spec for a recent python library I packaged:

https://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/python-ntlm3.git/tree/python-ntlm3.spec

If you don't need python3 you can strip that stuff out ...

The Fedora python guidelines have a decent spec template you can crib, keep
in mind the el6 caveats if you need to build for that with regards to macro
definitions