[CentOS] SElinux suggestions needed: migrating backup service

Wed Oct 26 22:11:35 UTC 2016
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 10/24/2016 04:43 PM, Leon Fauster wrote:
> Using rsync -aHA (without X) circumvent the output but its still unclear what exactly triggers
> the above output.

The '-X' flag attempts to make attributes match on the source and
destination files.  Since the source files have no SELinux attribute,
rsync will try to remove it from the destination, where an attribute has
been inherited.

I'm not entirely certain why a file couldn't have no SELinux label, but
since you don't have any extended attributes to preserve, the simple
solution would be to stop telling rsync to preserve extended attributes.