[CentOS] Iptables not save rules

Mike mike at microdel.org
Tue Sep 13 16:04:47 UTC 2016

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, TE Dukes wrote:

> [...]

John R Pierce's wild guesses are exactly right.

ipset is NOT running as a "traditional" service, however:

    service ipset start|stop|save

load and save ipsets for you automagically.

Notice that it's "service ipset save" not "ipset save xxxx" as you had
typed.

Finally, and this is a bit of a corner case, but "service ipset save"
won't work if you don't have the "ip_set" kernel module loaded, that is
if your environment has the kernel modules compiled in to the kernel.  See
lines 123 and 124 of /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipset

Easiest thing for me is to just comment out those two lines, however I
need to remember to comment them out again when the ipset rpm is updated.