[CentOS] Using keepass on Centos 6

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 22:25:57 UTC 2016

On 09/21/2016 02:48 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> I use KeepassX. That one has versions for pretty much all open source
> systems (Linux, *BSD) and for variety of others widely used systems:
> MacOS, Android, iOS, MS Windows (just listed the ones I know of).

So we're back to this...  KeepassX is compatible with the Keepass 2
database format, but is not Keepass.  KeepassX has OS X and Windows
ports, but the mobile clients you're referring to are also ports of
Keepass (not KeepassX) or are Keepass-compatible applications.

KeepassX doesn't support plugins at all, so none of these are available:
http://keepass.info/plugins.html

> Thanks
> to that I can open the same encrypted password store on pretty much all
> devices and systems I use. However, no, I don't consider it reasonable for
> myself to use it from inside web browser

Do you use KeepassX's auto-type?  That's (approximately) what KeeFox
does, except that the plugin interface is more secure.  Note that
KeepassX doesn't offer that feature on OS X and Windows.  Since web
passwords are probably the most common use of a password manager,
auto-fill of web login forms should be considered an essential function
for such a program.  Between the two, Keepass is a much better option.