[CentOS] How to enable the svm cpu flag inside a vm?

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sun Sep 25 14:57:31 UTC 2016

Hello Jonathan,

On Sun, 2016-09-25 at 10:46 -0400, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 04:38:39PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> > How do I pass the "-enable-nesting" option to qemu-kvm using either
> > virt-manager.py, virsh or the domain xml?
>
> I saw this in the RHEL 7.3 beta release notes:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7-Beta/html/7.3_Release_Notes/technology_previews_virtualization.html
>
> Nested Virtualization will be a tech preview in RHEL 7.3 Beta, and so
> it'll be available after RHEL 7.3 is released and CentOS rebuilds it.

Right. The fact that this has been lingering in the source for years on
end and only now is being announced as a tech preview seems to answer my
question in the sense that "no this is not possible" :S .

Guess I'll have to fire up my build vm then and see if nuking that test
for "kvm_nested" allows me to pass the svm cpu flag from a C6 host.

Regards,
Leonard.