[CentOS] Virtualization Networking

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Sep 28 16:54:23 UTC 2016

On 9/28/2016 8:43 AM, tdukes at palmettoshopper.com wrote:
> I'm a little confused on which networking option I need to choose when
> setting up a VM.

the host thats running the VM, is it connected to a LAN behind a
firewall/router, or directly to the internet?   if directly, is there a
dedicated internet IP address that the VM can use?    if yes, then you
want a bridged network where the VM uses that dedicated internet IP
seperate from the host's IP.

if its on a LAN with private addressing, you want to use a dedicated LAN
IP address, seperate from the host's LAN IP, but since its behinda NAT
router, I really don't know how you'd expect it to use DDNS as that will
only see the router's internet IP address.