[CentOS] An 'orrible question: Outlook 365 under wine on CentOS?

Gary Stainburn gary at ringways.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 08:38:58 UTC 2016

Two replies here.

Firstly, the web client does work quite well. It's a VERY convenient way of
getting to your emails when off-site / no laptop etc. It seems to work best
in Chrome on my Fedora and Centos boxes, but I hate how Chrome tried to take
over your PC.  Mine for example even changes the volume of my music (using
squeezelite connected to a Squeezebox, so I can monitor the background music
played in our showrooms)

Secondly,  I've used VirtualBox extensively for testing purposes (I use LAPP
for the servers but all of the client PC's run Win7 / IE)

Even on a relatively small sized desktop PC, the performance hit of having
Win7 inside a VM as well as everything else I do isn't a biggy. To be fair
though, all I use my desktop for other than running the VM is to SSH to other
boxes.

I know you said that your bosses want stuff running on physical kit, but it
could be argued that it's a small compromise.

Ignoring everything on this thread, my first course of action would be to
challenge the decision, although you may have already done that.

Gary