[CentOS] Centos 7.2.1511 with sendmail and a problem with clamav

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Fri Sep 30 00:40:40 UTC 2016

On Sep 29, 2016, at 5:56 PM, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.net> wrote:

> I had set the log file in scan.conf to be /var/log/clamd.scan having
> the user and group name of clamscan and protections of -rw-rw-rw-

I don’t use ClamAV, but I’ll bet it runs as a non-root user.  In CentOS 7, only root can write to /var/log.

You should create a clamav directory under /var/log and give the ClamAV user write access to it, then configure ClamAV to write its logs there.

That, or switch to syslog or similar, if ClamAV allows it.