[CentOS] CentOS on new Thinkpads

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Sep 30 01:18:29 UTC 2016

On 9/29/2016 5:55 PM, Michael B Allen wrote:
> It seems optical drives are gone. Do I boot the iso from USB or what's
> the procedure now?

yup, put iso on USB, go to town.

> Generally seeking new laptop advice. If Lenovo is not good is anyone
> using Toshiba?

I have not much cared for Lenovo since IBM sold out to them.    I've
been generally quite happy with business grade ('Latitude') Dell
laptops...  my wife's got an XPS15 (running Windows) thats very nice,
gorgeous IPS 1920x1080 screen, very slim, nicely made, and her new work
laptop is a Latitude 5500-something thats also a really nice super-slim
thing, has monster battery life, and all the latest USB C and so forth,
but it too is running Windows 7 as thats what she needs for her
techwriter job (Adobe Framemaker on Linux is very poorly supported).