[CentOS] Alternative GUI

Sorin Srbu Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Fri Sep 30 06:05:23 UTC 2016

Yupp, I have.
First thing I did after C7-installation was to install the complete
Mate-shebang.
FWIW, I installed Ubuntu-Mate on my backup-laptop.

You're giving up a lot of grief and irritation when not finding stuff you've
used for like ten years and having to relearn yet other things.
It's just not worth the hassle IMO.

I'm yet to miss anything Gnome 3 has to offer.
Gnome 3 might be good for some people, for others like me it's just a waste of
time relearning stuff that worked just fine before Gnome 3.

--
//Sorin