[CentOS] Using keepass on Centos 6

Jos Vos

jos at xos.nl
Tue Sep 20 19:59:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 09:43:17PM +0200, H wrote:

> Is anyone running keepass on C6? I have a rather large password database
> under Windows that I want also to use on my Centos systems. It seems that
> keepass is not available, it relies on mono and there may be bugs.
>
> Googling also seems to suggest that I should download the source code and
> compile to install. The nux repository seems to have a version for C7, but
> not for C6.
>
> Many suppositions and few facts - perhaps someone knows better?

I do not use it myself (yet), but KeepPassX (https://www.keepassx.org/)
should be compatible with KeePass and is available in EPEL for C6 and C7.
Search for the keepassx and keepassx2 packages.  I once tested it to
exchange DB's with KeePassDroid (Android) and that worked fine.

Hope this helps,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>
--    X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV   |   Office: +31 20 6938364