[CentOS] How to move /var to another partition

Sun Sep 25 16:47:48 UTC 2016
TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>

Hello,

I am getting low on space in my /(root) partition. I have 23GB free.

I have 350GB in my /home partition. I am the only user.

I was experimenting with virtualization and it causes the root partition to
get very low. I would like to move /var from the root partition, to the same
partition as /home, if that's safe to do.

Or, resize /home and add another partition for /var

I also don't want to screw the pooch doing it.

This is over my head. The more I read about it, the more confused I get.

TIA