[CentOS] NetworkManger wireless issues - "Failed to load root certificates"/"unable to get local issuer certificate"

Tue Sep 6 07:06:50 UTC 2016
Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com>

On 05/09/16 11:08, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Toralf Lund wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to connect my CentOS 6.8 laptop to the wireless net at
>> work, which is secured with WPA2 and AES. I've done this successfully
>> in the past using NetworkManager, but a new safety feature was
>> recently introduced: A CA certificate is required. After this, I've
>> not been able to connect. I have a DER format file, whose path I've
>> entered in
>
> You've definitely provided the correct CA certificate, and not
> accidentally
> provided the certificate itself?
I think you're on to something, there. I actually used data exported
from Windows, and I guess I ended up with (as you suggest) the "normal"
certificate. Now I've switched to a "CA Root" .pem file for the
authority, and the "Failed to load root certificates" message has gone
away. But, I still get 'unable to get local issuer certificate'.

Don't I need to provide the certificate itself, too? Where do I put it?

- Toralf