[CentOS] DNF update

Wed Sep 7 01:38:39 UTC 2016

> On Sep 6, 2016, at 9:03 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
>
> DNF is a replacement for Yum that will probably be in a future RHEL release, but is not used by any RHEL/CentOS yet.

And while dnf has a system-upgrade feature in Fedora, I don’t know how well it’d work in the RHEL world.  Upgrading between releases that branches every 6 months (Fedora) to a upgrading an OS that branches every 3 or 4 years (RHEL) is a significantly different job.  It would have to deal with a lot of corner cases, particularly when you’re changing init systems and executable layout.