[CentOS] DNF update

Wed Sep 7 20:57:00 UTC 2016
Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole at gmail.com>

On 2016-09-07, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:

[...]

> And if anyone were to think that the Debian-style 'apt-get dist-upgrade'
> is the cure-all, there is a thread in the owncloud user mailing list
> that you may want to read, about an admin who locked up (and ended up
> losing) his owncloud instance after doing a dist-upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04
> (he didn't specify the source version).....

You will always find examples of release upgrades going wrong. The
Debian release notes[1] are very clear about the pitfalls of performing
out such upgrades remotely in particular. My own experience has been
more fortunate, as I have carried out multiple release upgrades over the
years on many different machines. But I wouldn't dream of attempting
the equivalent on a CentOS installation.

1:
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#backup

--

Liam