[CentOS] CentOS 6.8 and samba

Fri Sep 9 16:55:47 UTC 2016
Philipoff, Andrew <Andrew.Philipoff at ucsf.edu>

> > net ads keytab create -U username
> > 8. Verify the contents of the Kerberos keytab file:
> > klist -ke
>
> This is a step I was missing. What is the purpose of the keytab? Can it help
> with the default ticket FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0 expiration?

A Kerberos keytab contains Kerberos principals and encrypted keys which can be used to authenticate without entering a password. That should address your ticket expiration issue.

> I'm also facing this problem, although everything seems to work fine. I've
> tested with smbclient and a Windows client.
>
> # net ads testjoin
> gss_init_sec_context failed with [Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may
> provide more information: No credentials cache found] Join is OK #

Not sure what would cause that error message, nor have I experienced it. Looks like other people have seen it:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=gss_init_sec_context+failed+with+%5BUnspecified+GSS+failure.++Minor+code+may+provide+more+information:+No+credentials+cache+found