[CentOS] Recommendation about an usb wireless adapter to use it as HostAP

Sat Sep 10 17:36:57 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 9/10/2016 10:23 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Alternative to consider would be pfsense (based on FreeBsd):
>
> https://www.pfsense.org/
>
> Works excellent for me (I have a few of them around).

pfSense is a very good router, firewall, but its wireless support is
fairly limited.    I use pfsense as my home firewall/router, but use
Ubiquiti UniFi AP's for my wireless..   this has the added advantage of
letting me position the WAP's (wireless access points) seperately for
the best radio distribution (ceiling mount), while the router is on a
table in a corner along with my cable modem and file server box where
radio propagation wouldn't be very good.