[CentOS] Using keepass on Centos 6

Wed Sep 21 22:15:22 UTC 2016
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2016-09-21, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, September 21, 2016 4:30 pm, Keith Keller wrote:
>> On 2016-09-21, Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 09/21/2016 11:30 AM, H wrote:
>>>
>>> https://www.passwordstore.org/
>>
>> This looks very cool, but is there a version for Android?  One of the
>> reasons I picked KeePass is that I could use a copy of the same password
>> file with clients on linux, OS X, or Android.  (And if I had an iOS
>> device KeePass works there too.)
>
> I use KeepassX. That one has versions for pretty much all open source
> systems (Linux, *BSD) and for variety of others widely used systems:
> MacOS, Android, iOS, MS Windows (just listed the ones I know of). Thanks
> to that I can open the same encrypted password store on pretty much all
> devices and systems I use.

I was pretty dumb in asking this question: right at the top of the web
page, it says that third parties have made Android and iOS apps.  Sorry
about that!

> However, no, I don't consider it reasonable for
> myself to use it from inside web browser, hence I would recommend
> reconsider this part in favor of universal tool.

While pass does have a Firefox plugin, I don't think I'd use it, but I
can imagine someone else might.  It sounds like this is different from
keeping your key store in The Cloud (TM), but I didn't read the plugin
page carefully.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us