[CentOS] An 'orrible question: Outlook 365 under wine on CentOS?

Fri Sep 23 20:53:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, September 23, 2016 3:25 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, September 23, 2016 2:50 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>> Either CentOS 6 or 7 - anyone know if it's possible?
>>>
>>> Upper Management has decided on a policy that IMAP is going to go away
>>> in the near future, and they want everyone on Lookout, sorry, Outlook
>>> 365.
>>
>> When my folks decide something like that it will be time to look for new
>> job ;-(
>>
> Yeah, well, but I like it here, and would like to stay at least a few more
> years....

If I understand correctly Outlook affair: you are the one to run the
server. There are some principles to work with professionals, one of which
is: do not tell professional which tools to use, and how to do his job.
Now, either your decision maker doesn't consider you a professional, or he
doesn't care to work with professional right way. Either way, the outcome
will be bad, sorry for such prediction. That's why _probably_ I would
start looking for new job. As, as all of us know, when one of two people
is to go, the boss stays.

There are open source alternatives to MS Outlook I was about to mention,
but I wouldn't expect in your situation those to be of any help. My
condolences...

Valeri