[CentOS] How to enable the svm cpu flag inside a vm?

Sun Sep 25 14:46:17 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 04:38:39PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> The qemu-kvm option "-enable-nesting" that I dug up in the source looks
> promising. No mention in the man page on either C6 or C7 but it is
> mentioned here:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-October/msg01138.html
>
> How do I pass the "-enable-nesting" option to qemu-kvm using either
> virt-manager.py, virsh or the domain xml?

I saw this in the RHEL 7.3 beta release notes:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7-Beta/html/7.3_Release_Notes/technology_previews_virtualization.html

Nested Virtualization will be a tech preview in RHEL 7.3 Beta, and so
it'll be available after RHEL 7.3 is released and CentOS rebuilds it.