[CentOS] How to move /var to another partition

Sun Sep 25 21:17:16 UTC 2016
TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>

when I
> want to explore something new like a database server, setup a web
> server, or KVM...   if it turns out I need more space for /home, its as
> simple as..
>
>      lvextend -L +20g /dev/mapper/vg_xxxx-lv_home && xfs_growfs /home
>
> to add 20G (or whatever) to said file system...
>

> --
> john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz
[Thomas E Dukes]

I ducked when that went right over my head. :-)

Seriously, I don't have a clue what ya'll said and too afraid to try it. I
did some reading on LVM today. I know enough to be dangerous.

I'm installing Centos 7 in /home/LV as we speak but can blow it away if you
care to help me out setting that up. Know you guys have more important
things going on than dealing with 'casual' users.

I sincerely appreciate your help!!