[CentOS] CentOS on new Thinkpads

Fri Sep 30 00:55:09 UTC 2016
Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com>

Is anyone running CentOS on a newish Thinkpad?

I have been using Linux as my primary workstation since about 97 and
it seems like using Linux as a desktop has slipped over the years.
After the Gnome desktop dumb-down, I have been nursing CentOS 6.8 on a
5 yo Toshiba. So I was hoping that someone has some recent real-world
experience with new Thinkpads.

So is anyone running a new Thinkpad? What model? Any problems with
wireless or suspend or the touchpad?

It seems optical drives are gone. Do I boot the iso from USB or what's
the procedure now?

Generally seeking new laptop advice. If Lenovo is not good is anyone
using Toshiba?

Mike