[CentOS] CentOS on new Thinkpads

Fri Sep 30 15:02:06 UTC 2016
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 09/30/2016 06:22 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> X1 Carbon Generation 3 and lower work (with CentOS-7).

Does it?  When I set up CentOS on a 2nd-generation X1 Carbon, the NIC
wasn't supported and the keyboard didn't work after suspend. I think
there were other problems as well, but those are the two that come
immediately to mind.

I'm using a T430s to write this email, but this is almost certainly
going to be my last Lenovo.  My advice is: If you want a Linux laptop,
look for someone who actually supports Linux on the laptop. Dell has a
few, including their XPS 13 developer edition, and they invested a fair
amount of development time in getting all of the hardware fully
supported. Purism's Librem laptops are a little more expensive, but
specifically built for Linux. There are a handful of other vendors that
primarily support Linux.

Lenovo has been hit-and-miss for a while now, and this isn't showing
much that's recent:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd031426