[CentOS] OT: systemd Poll - So Long, and Thanks for All the fish.

Thu Apr 20 14:28:01 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 09:33:30AM -0400, James B. Byrne wrote:
> Red Hat, again in my sole opinion, increasingly appears to me to be
> emulating another company notorious for shuffling the user interface
> to little evident purpose other than profit.  That is good business
> for them.  It is not good for us.

>From my perspective as a Red Hat customer who supports hundreds of
RHEL7 Workstation systems, Red Hat really doesn't seem to care or test
their Workstation product.  Their support doesn't seem to have much
training when it comes to problems with the GUI.  Since GNOME itself
moves along at a much faster pace than RHEL, I always end up looking
for archives of documentation, and trawling through GNOME's bugzilla.

Red Hat makes its business on the Server side.  They don't really care
about graphical user interfaces apart from the installer.