[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 6.9 i386 and x86_64

Leon Fauster

leonfauster at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 5 15:00:58 UTC 2017

Am 05.04.2017 um 15:02 schrieb Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:

> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of CentOS Linux
> 6.9 and install media for i386 and x86_64 Architectures. Release Notes
> for 6.9 are available at:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.9
>
> CentOS Linux 6.9 is derived from source code released by Red Hat, Inc.
> for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.9. All upstream variants have been placed
> into one combined repository to make it easier for end users.
> Workstation, server, and minimal installs can all be done from our
> combined repository. All of our testing is only done against this
> combined distribution.

Thank you very much!

Just a hint: the new /6/ repo tree misses a signed repomd.xml for the cr/fasttrack subtrees.

local config:

# grep -R repo_gpg /etc/yum.repos.d/
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-CR.repo:repo_gpgcheck=1
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo:repo_gpgcheck=1
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo:repo_gpgcheck=1
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo:repo_gpgcheck=1
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-fasttrack.repo:repo_gpgcheck=1

Again, thanks for your great effort!

--
LF