[CentOS] Excel shared spreadsheets on Samba share

Dante F. B. Colò

dante01010 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 13:27:27 UTC 2017

Hello everyone

I 'm trying to find what it happens on my Samba AD servers especially
with shared spreadsheets, my personal opinion this feature on Excel  is
crap and unreliable but many people use it, how does Samba currently
behave with this ? Is someone experienced any problem with this ?
Frequently happens changes made by other user are lost the spreadsheet
opens as read only , the shares are all using vfs_acl_xattr module to
mimic NTFS permissions, clients are all windows machines versions 7 and
10 , i upgraded samba 4.3.11 to 4.5.7 but both have the same behavior.
Any ideas ?

Regards
Dante