[CentOS] HP USB printer accepts jobs, but won't print

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Apr 7 18:52:16 UTC 2017

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> My HP USB C3180 All-in-one printer accepts jobs, but does not print.
> A job simply sits in the queue.
> I haven't used it on this computer for a while.
> It will print a test page when I connect it.
>
> The last line from hp-info -i
> is
> 04/07/17 13:26:21  5012   Device communication error        hennebry  0 (I've
> removed some blanks.)

I am a member of groups hennebry, sys, and lp.

[hennebry at localhost tmp]$ lpq
C3100 is ready and printing
Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
active  hennebr 11      notes.txt                       19456 bytes
[hennebry at localhost tmp]$

C3100 has been ready and printing for quite some time.
There ae no other printers or queues on the system.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards