[CentOS] Enterprise Linux Slack

Phelps, Matthew mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 12 17:03:02 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net> wrote:

> On 04/12/2017 09:36 AM, Phelps, Matthew wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro> wrote:
>>
>> To be honest Freenode is nice and I'd be sad to see it replaced with
>>> anything.
>>> So cool to be a "/join #project" away from getting help.
>>>

>>> IRC is a problem for those of us behind government/corporate firewalls.
>> IRC
>> is perceived as a hacker haven and is usually blocked.
>>

> I seem to recall some web-based IRC clients existing.

True. It isn't a problem that can't be solved :)

Just inconvenient; plus the powers that be  don't take kindly to
circumventing restrictions they put in place, even if it is for real work.

My point is, I welcome the initiative this thread is bringing.

Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility
Harvard - Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu, http://www.cfa.harvard.edu