[CentOS] email subject length issue

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Apr 12 19:37:02 UTC 2017

On 4/12/2017 12:27 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I seem to be running into a subject length issue on email. Is there any way
> to increase that ?

you'll need to be a whole lot more specific.   I've seen emails with
stupidly long subjects, one message sent to a list recently had the
entire message body pasted onto the subject.

Where are you running into this issue, how is it manifesting itself,
what software is involved (email client, email server, email list server?)

I see you're using gmail, are you sure this problem isn't specific to gmail?