[CentOS] OT: Controlling Chrome via policy

C. L. Martinez

carlopmart at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 15:53:28 UTC 2017

Hi all,

 I have installed Google Chrome in two CentOS7 workstations. I would like to setup some extensions by default and install automatically. Reading Chrome/Chromium docs, it is possible to accomplish this using master_preferences or via policy. According to Chromium's docs, policy files needs to be installed under /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed/ (for Chrome) or /etc/chromium/policies/managed/ (for Chromium). I have tried to create a JSON file (custom.json) with my options, but no go. What am I doing wrong?

 On the other side, according to Chromium's docs, master_preferences needs to be placed under dir where chrome binary is. Tried and no go.

 Any light on this?

Thanks.

--
Greetings,