[CentOS] Firefox for CentOS

Phelps, Matthew

mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 20 13:18:28 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> .

> For the record, I just checked and the released SRPM for EL7 has the
> proper variables and sources and actually builds on EL6.  It uses gtk2
> from el6 to build.
>
> They obviously felt more comfortable instead released the older one on
> EL6 this cycle, but I suspect that the newer 52.x ESR version will be
> released during the next cycle.

Indeed, the latest RHEL 6 update for firefox is the 52.1.0 ESR release:

RHSA-2017:1104 Critical: firefox security update

An update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.

Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from
the CVE link(s) in the References section.

Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser.

This update upgrades Firefox to version 52.1.0 ESR.

--
Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility