[CentOS] CentOS 7 + HPLIP = blank page

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Fri Apr 21 14:56:23 UTC 2017

Hi,

I just installed CentOS 7 + KDE on a new workstation in my office. I
tried to setup my printer, but the test page is blank. Here's some details.

The printer is an HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro. It works perfectly with all
other desktop clients running Slackware Linux and HPLIP.

I installed hplip and hplip-gui, launched HP Toolbox and then setup the
printer - a network printer - which is mainly a matter of confirming OK,
OK, OK.

The printer shows up OK in HP Toolbox, but when I try to print a test
page, the printer ejects a blank page, that's it.

Which leaves me clueless.

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat