[CentOS] Grub Prompt

Allan E. Registos

allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph
Sat Apr 22 01:00:13 UTC 2017

Hi list,

Good day to you all,

Please correct me if this is the right list for posting this problem I am having with CentOS, but here is the details of the problem:

I have a VMware guest running under Centos 6.5/64-bit. I rarely rebooted this OS, and was using it as my backend for some of my applications, like the A.R.T.(BI tool) and a PostgreSQL server.

"But I was not unable to start the server because it now default to the grub prompt, here is what it look like:

GNU GRUB version 0.97 (638K lower / 3143616K upper memory)

[ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a device/filename.]

grub> _ "

I search google but the solutions provided does not solve this issue.

Thank you,
Allan