[CentOS] NOT Solved - Re: SELinux policy to allow Dovecot to connect to Mysql

Laurent Wandrebeck l.wandrebeck at quelquesmots.fr
Tue Apr 25 08:58:08 UTC 2017

Le mardi 25 avril 2017 à 10:39 +0200, Robert Moskowitz a écrit :
> Thanks Laurent.  You obviously know a LOT more about SELinux than I.  I
> pretty much just use commands and not build policies.  So I need some
> more information here.
>
>  From what you provided below, how do I determine what is currently in
> place and how do I add your stuff (changing postgresql with mysql, nat.)
>
> thanks

Quick’n’(really) dirty SELinux howto:
1) Run the service. fails due to missing selinux policy.
2) grep service_pattern /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M
myservice_policy
3) do what output says. (semodule -i myservice_policy.pp normally)
4) goto 1. That way, you’ll create and allow step by step necessary
rights so your service ends up running normaly.

The content I gave you is from mydovecot.te (human readable version
of .pp created by audit2allow).

After a quick look at audit2allow man, it looks like you can get .pp by
doing:
make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile myservice_policy.pp (it’ll
look after myservice_policy.te in PWD).

HTH,
--
Laurent Wandrebeck <l.wandrebeck at quelquesmots.fr>