[CentOS] Bonding mode balance-alb (6): How to control the assigned MAC address?

Frank Thommen

list.centos at drosera.ch
Tue Apr 25 10:32:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

we are trying to switch our bonding modes from 1 (active-backup) to 6
(balance-alb).  However it seems, that these bond devices are not always
getting the MAC address from the same slave.  Sometimes the device gets
the MAC address of the first and sometimes of the second slave.  Since
only the MAC address of the first slave device is (can be) registered in
DHCP, this breaks connectivity (about) every second time we boot the
computer.

Is there a way to control which MAC address is assigned to the bonding
device w/o configuring it explicitely in the ifcfg file?

Cheers
frank