[CentOS] OpenSMTPD? - Re: Sendmail is considered deprecated

Sun Apr 2 17:43:30 UTC 2017

On 03/31/2017 04:57 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> On Fri, March 31, 2017 4:46 pm, Alice Wonder wrote:
>>> What makes Postfix superior in fighting spam?
> I actually made two independent statements:
>
> 1. That I use postfix forever (postfix was written by Wietse Venema with
> security in mind).

A colleague uses OpenSMPTD on OpenBSD and claims that OpenSMTPD is more
secure than Postfix.

It is supposedly ported to Fedora:
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/repoview/opensmtpd.html

But that link does not work.  And even with that, I would need it for
Centos-armv7.

BTW, I moved to Postfix from Sendmail when Centos6 came out.  I believe
that then, both were installed, but already Postfix was the default, and
you had to switch back to Sendmail.  So I would not be surprised that on
Centos8, it gets moved to epel.