[CentOS] Network Manager / CentOS 7 / local unbound

Tue Apr 11 08:40:21 UTC 2017
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

Hello list -

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/90035/how-to-set-dns-resolver-in-fedora-using-network-manager

That says it works for CentOS 5 and I *suspect* the methods there (3
listed) would work, but what is the best way with NetworkManager to set
it up to use the localhost for DNS ?

I'm paranoid about DNS spoofing and really prefer to have a local
instance of DNSSEC enforcing unbound running on my CentOS 7 virtual
machines (e.g. linode)

Currently I just use a cron job that runs once a minute to over-write
was it is /etc/resolv.conf so they don't use the DHCP assigned
nameservers, but that does leave a short window every time the network
is restarted.

I'd like to know the proper way to set up Network Manager to just create

nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver ::1

in /etc/resolv.conf

Via google, it seems every distro approaches it differently and most
instructions I have seen involve a GUI.

I did not see how to do it in the CentOS documentation but it might be
there and I just did not figure out how to search it for what I wanted.

Those stackexchange methods look like they might work but they reference
CentOS 5 and I know some NetworkManager stuff changed even just between
7.2 and 7.3 as I experienced incorrect IPv6 address after update as a
result of those changes.

Is there an "official" way to tell NetworkManager what I want in
/etc/resolv.conf ? Or better yet, a way to just tell it to leave that
file alone?