[CentOS] Ignoring /run/user/X

Tue Apr 11 23:39:44 UTC 2017
Cameron Smith <cameron at networkredux.com>

We are running into an issue relating to snmpd and the temporary partitions
created in /run/user/ so any insight by someone with magical
net-snmp skills would be much appreciated.

Our monitoring app walks all our servers.
We modify /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf on all our servers to just have one line:
rocommunity ourcommnuityname monitor.ing.app.ip

This has worked just fine for almost 10 years.

Since the release of CentOS 7 we are getting alerts for partitions not
being found during walks and these are the temporary partitions that are
ephemeral while a user is logged in:
/run/user/0
/run/user/65000

Seems if the partition is there when the monitor is set or is added while
the monitor is active the monitor will keep looking for it and these are
meant to go away.

We thought "OK we can just ignore those" so we added a line to
/etc/snmpd.conf :
ignoredisk /run/user/*

but that has not helped :(

Does anybody have a recommendation on how we can stop those partitions from
being seen on walks so we can stop being alerted about partitions for which
we are not interested in monitoring their available space?

Thanks,

Cameron